This is the weekly routine for the children that we are following (however it is subject to change on occasion):
- On a Monday the children will all change their reading books.
- On a Wednesday the children will visit the library bus to renew/ take out a new library book.
- Their reading nights will be collected in on a Thursday so that I can pass the information through to Mrs Steeper for the reading night certificate assembly the following week.
- On Friday the children have their spelling test and will receive their new spellings. Their score from the test that day will be written on the bottom of the new spellings and I am available after school on a Friday or before school on a Monday should you wish to discuss anything about their spellings or score.
- The children also excitedly wait to see who will bring home Florence the class fox on a Friday to share their weekend and bring her back on a Monday to share their adventures together. So far we have had a wonderful poem written, a picture of Florence’s adventures and some lovely recounts of what the children have been up to over the weekend – I wonder will it be your turn next?
The children will be listened to individually read once a week and they also read in their guided reading lesson on a Tuesday too. The day they read to an adult will not be the same day each week so I would politely ask that they have their reading record and reading book/s in their bag each day.
Thank you for your patience whilst we get into a routine as a class and for supporting your children’s learning by listening to them read and help them with their spellings.