Humberston Cloverfields Academy
Our Aims and Vision
Our school was built in the 60s on a field that was abundant with clover, hence the school name. Our logo incorporates the clover leaf and bees and is the symbol for the hive of productive, exciting learning that is generated in our school.
The school has a culture of caring at all levels and striving for excellence.
Motto Busy Being Our Best
- There is a strong culture of community where it is safe to take risks and to care about trying hard- all staff and all pupils. “ To fit in, in this school, working hard and treating people well is expected”
- All members of the school community believe that human capacity is open ended; that effort creates intelligence; a greater effort can compensate for differences in prior attainment. “Smart isn’t something you are. It’s something you get.” (Jeff Howard)
A child leaving Cloverfields will have a clear sense of their own uniqueness that enables them to be confident, independent learners with a high level of self-esteem. They will be happy, well balanced and socially adaptable. They will be highly motivated with all the tools they need for the next steps in their learning journey.
In order for this to be a reality we-
- create a climate in school where pupils feel valued, are listened to and trusted;
- build and maintain a welcoming, friendly, bright and lively happy place where learners feel secure;
- teach social, cultural, and wider British Values and lead by example to create children who are tolerant of differences and actively promote an inclusive school community. We expect and foster highly developed sense of respect and tolerance that is evident in pupils behaviours in the wider society.
- ensuring that all pupils’ develop self-discipline appropriate for their stage of development.
- by provide well for learners’ care, health and safety.
Some of the positive traits we aim to foster ( not an exhaustive list and not in any particular order)
- Strong set of values
- A love of learning
- Pride in themselves
- Strong sense of self-worth
- Positive attitude
- Know how to enquire and find solutions
- Strong sense of right and wrong and be able to make a stand for what they believe to be right
- Team player
- Have social empathy